Prony Bay - 2 Days - Long Guided Hike - Sea Kayaking
This voyage of discovery and adventure in sea kayaking allows you to immerse yourself in the special atmosphere of the Bay. It's also an opportunity to meet other adventurers like you.
Instant booking: Standard and scheduled activities on the agenda.
Go directly to the calendar and booking elements (Registration deadline - Where - When - Timetable - Minimum and maximum number of participants - Number of places available - Price - Promo code - Registration forms - Online payment ...) by clicking on the following button:
You do not know your level in canoeing & kayaking?
Your choice of boat depends on your level of practice and ease on the water: (See the "Level" section of the product description page).
If you can not justify a level of practice of sea kayaking (federal level or equivalent stay with another structure) or if you have not done the upgrade days with H2o Odyssée:
- Check the box: "Double Kayak Participant" to register in pairs (2 participants). Your navigation will be easier.
- If you want to be autonomous in k-mer solo, check the box "Participant Kayak single seat". The service includes an upgrade out to Mont Dore to prepare you.
Information: to register.
Organization of "scheduled activities" on the calendar:
The agenda offers a choice of activities scheduled in advance. Guided and supervised services that are proposed to you on the calendar require a preliminary reservation.
Registration for these activities is "on the water". The first registrants are the first served. Also, the first reservations validate the service displayed on the calendar (type of activity, destination and period).
Registration and reservation form:
As with all outdoor activities, it is mandatory to complete a registration form per person to participate in one of the services.
To fill out the registration form: click on the "Booking Space" button and select the number of participants in the online booking area.
Your reservation is validated after selecting the desired method of payment. You will always receive a booking confirmation and proof of payment by email.
Principle of operation of a guided tour in Canoe & Kayak:
H2O ODYSSÉE is committed to respecting your booking and to offer you the best for all its services (coaching and personalized courses, high-end equipment and high-end ...). Also, the number of participants is limited to guarantee your safety and your pleasure.
Unlike a rental or restaurant service, H2O ODYSSÉE does not practice the policy of "over-booking" in order to protect itself from potential cancellations. In return, you are asked to commit to respect your reservation.
Why do I have to register?
H2O ODYSSÉE offers you more 7 different services on 6 geographical locations more than 90 km away on average ... Some of these services are itinerant and they require a different organization depending on the starting points. The organization of the outings, the handling, the transport, the preparation of your equipment, represent a demanding logistics and thus requires a big preparation time.
Your canoe and kayak instructors and instructors are professional but not extensible ... Help us provide you with quality service: book in advance! It will be more than organizing your outing.
On the program: description of the exit
Prony Bay, protected from the winds, offers beautiful hikes to the Hot Springs and Islets Casy and Montravel, real green diamonds placed on the water with colorful reflections, lover of beautiful photos: enjoy!
For the circuit towards the Hot Water Springs towards the mouth of the Kaoris River, and in the Carénage Bay, a swim in the thermal waters of the Hot Springs is essential ...
You choose to sign up for an excursion guided by an experienced State Patent Trainer.
This service differs from a rental equipment, it is intended to allow you to be the actors of your own adventure to keep the best memory.
Day by day: unrolled expedition
The stays of several days are done in the participative mode. Everyone is asked to play a role during the journey.
The group is limited to 11 participants maximum for safety and comfort issues.
The service includes transport, top-of-the-range equipment and the standards in force, the supervision on the water and technical contributions, the advice on land, the safety equipment ...
From 3 to 5 hours of sailing per day, with poses on the water and shore stops.
The daily journey is therefore within the reach of any person with a good physical condition. The full program will be established a few days in advance, depending on the weather and level of participants.
Each participant must have his camping equipment. The food is the responsibility of the group. It is however possible to request the organization and purchase of meals by H2o Odyssée.
Level of difficulty of the hike
Type of activity: RL * = Long trek
2 or 3 kayak hike in fixed or mobile camping (Bivouac)
Level of difficulty of the excursion: Moderate
• For kayakers with a minimum of experience (beginners and +)
• Protected body of water with some places to rest and dock
• 3 to 5 hours of navigation
• Distance from 6 to 10 nautical miles (12 to 18 km)
• Winds of 10 knots (18 km / h), waves of 0,5 m
Required level and technical skills:
• 1 level of the FQCK or BCU 1 * or equivalent
• Knowledge of basic maneuvers
• Ability to paddle on protected lakes and bodies of water
• 2 level of the FQCK or BCU 2 * or equivalent
• Good knowledge of basic techniques, support, towing, recovery and navigation
• Ability to paddle under moderate conditions
• Ability to launch and dock in a light wave
Level II Navigation Zone = Level of Difficulty MODERATE
• Great Lakes and Freshwater Reservoirs. Many islands and bays: difficult orientation. • Possibility of gales. Seaside moderately exposed to the wind but with several possibilities of shelter: islands, bays, harbors. Easy docking: many sites and generally easy. • Salt water. Water temperature: cold, average between 12 and 18 ° C. Tide less than 1,5 meter. Regular dominant winds and current from 2 to 4 nodes. ? Civilization / isolation, assistance: relatively inhabited, assistance of unequal level. Means of communication other than VHF (cell phones) less reliable. • Marine pleasure boating. • Weather conditions to respect: surface or calm sea and light wind, less than 15 km / h.
Level requiring knowledge of basic maneuvers.
Tips for signing up
Book in advance:
Last minute registrations are not always possible and can not guarantee a place.
By subscribing in advance to one of the services of the agenda, you can benefit from "group rates" (rates established on the basis of 2, 4 or 6 participants minimum according to the activities).
The earlier your booking is made, the easier it is to form a group for "scheduled activities". Unless, of course, your group has enough participants from the start.
How to do it if you are alone or an insufficient number of people to benefit from "bundled rates"?
You want to register for a scheduled outing and include yourself in a group: select and click on the activity of your choice, then confirm your reservation.
»If the minimum number of people is not reached, your reservation is valid 4 months! "
It can be exchanged for another service, ceded to a third party, reimbursed according to the conditions of sale.
In case of incomplete group:
Give yourself the opportunity to privatize your exit. You will enjoy exclusive supervision!
The minimum number of participants is not reached and you are unavailable at another period? You are 2 or 3 registered and you want to maintain the exit anyway? ...
A proposal is made to you and H2O ODYSSÉE will try to validate the exit under the following conditions:
- For 3 participants: a discount of 10% will be calculated on the base rate and reduced to the number of 3 participants
- For 2 participants: a discount of 15% will be calculated on the base rate and reduced to the number of 2 participants
According to the Meteo
The practice of canoeing and kayaking is a wilderness activity subject to the presence of varied weather conditions. As for any outdoor activity, the practitioner must plan to equip to navigate in all weather conditions. Your guide knows the peculiarities of navigation sites (protected or not) and the navigational conditions that are linked to it.
The exit is canceled?
- In case of alert weather orange or red, YES. Case of very heavy rain with duly ascertained flood, violent storms and named storms (forecast at 24 h).
We are on an island in the middle of the Pacific, it takes a number of rainy days and many "site effects" depending on the places of navigation. Cases of yellow vigilance are frequent cases and are inherent to the activity. A yellow alert notice does not depend on specific administrative measures and does not constitute a case of force majeure. This case does not involve the cancellation of an exit but only to follow behavioral advice.
No refunds will be given for unused services. Similarly, discounts or refunds are not granted for a late arrival or withdrawal during the trip.
Privatization: request your service "exclusively"
Off schedule requests:
The dates of the "scheduled activities" do not suit you? Send us a request well in advance ... We can privatize your excursion for yourself or for 2 or 3 people. Ask us for a quote via the site's email window.
Only "tailor-made", "exclusive", "with transport" or "existing group" claims can be scheduled outside the schedule.