Prony Bay - One Day - Short Guided Hike - Sea Kayaking
Prony Bay, protected from the winds, you reserve beautiful hikes to the Hot Springs or to the islets Casy and Montravel, real green diamonds placed on the water with colorful reflections, lover of beautiful photos: enjoy yourself !
Instant booking: Standard and scheduled activities on the agenda.
Go directly to the calendar and booking elements (Registration deadline - Where - When - Timetable - Minimum and maximum number of participants - Number of places available - Price - Promo code - Registration forms - Online payment ...) by clicking on the following button:
For the circuit towards the Hot Water Springs towards the mouth of the Kaoris River, and in the Carénage Bay, a swim in the sulphurous thermal waters of the Hot Springs is essential ...
A meal, by reservation, at Gil MOGLIA chef's place at the Carénage refuge, to eat and to remember a great moment.
At the exit we will talk about the site and the riches it houses.
This outing can be the subject of your baptism in sea kayak. It is an easy way out that does not require technical or physical pre-requisites. It is open to all. Children from 14 years supervised or accompanied by a parent are welcome.
This sea kayak trip to hot springs or Casy requires a little preparation, in the morning, some basics paddles. The walk requires 2 hours of commute to and from.
RC * = Short Hike
Day hike in decked sea kayaking.
|Level of difficulty of the excursion: Moderate |
Required level and minimum technical skills: Moderate level.
- 2 level of the FQCK, Green Paddle of the FFCK, or BCU Star 2 * or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of basic techniques, towing, recovery and navigation
- To be able to carry out a support to avoid desalting
- After desalination in deep water, be able to get back in his boat with help
- Ability to paddle under moderate conditions
- Ability to launch and dock in a light wave
ZONE II: MODERATE difficulty level
- Great lakes and freshwater tanks. Many islands and bays: difficult orientation.
- Possibility of gales. Seaside moderately exposed to the wind but with several possibilities of shelter: islands, bays, harbors.
- Easy docking: many sites and generally easy. Salt water.
- Water temperature: cold, average between 12 and 18 ° C. Tide less than 1,5 meter. Regular dominant winds and current from 2 to 4 nodes.
- Civilization / isolation, assistance: relatively inhabited, assistance of unequal level. Means of communication other than VHF (cell phones) less reliable.
- Marine pleasure boating.
- Weather conditions to respect: surface or calm sea and light wind, less than 15 km / h.
Level requiring knowledge of basic maneuvers.
This document is a tool for evaluating the difficulty of an exit, it does not replace in any case the judgment and the experience. Exits of several days present difficulties which these indications do not take into account.
Difficulty level ?
The activities of H2o Odyssée are ranked according to their degree of difficulty. This degree of difficulty:
- Applies to each type of activity (eg short hike, long hike, expedition ...)
- Must be evaluated under normal conditions (eg 15 km hike = moderate level)
- Can be drastically increased depending on:
- changing weather conditions (strong winds, waves, fog)
- maritime conditions (strong currents, tides, ripples)
- water temperature
|Prerequisites for the activity:|
- We highly recommend following Level I kayaking days. Having already done in the order: 1 / 2 day of leveling then a walk to the day in autonomy with H2o Odyssée is an optimal condition of registration.
Why do I have to register?
H2O ODYSSÉE is committed to respecting your reservation and to offer you the best for all its services.
Also, H2O ODYSSÉE offers more 7 different services on 6 geographical locations more than 90 km apart on average ... Some of these services are itinerant and they require a different organization depending on the starting points. Handling, transportation and these consequences, the removal of kayaks, or canoes at the place of activity, represent a demanding logistics and therefore requires a significant preparation time.
The more your reservation is made in advance, the easier it is to form a group. The number of participants is limited to guarantee your safety and your pleasure. Last minute registrations are not always possible and can not guarantee a place.
H2O ODYSSÉE does not practice the policy of "over-booking" to protect itself from potential cancellations and asks you, in return, to commit to respecting your reservation.
Hence the need for your booking 8 minimum days before delivery.
Registration and reservation form:
Registration is mandatory, you validate it on the site after the different steps from the booking links. The first reservations validated and settled, according to the conditions of sale on the site, (quota 4 people) will decide the destination of the excursion which will be confirmed by H2O ODYSSÉE. You will be notified by phone and / or email as soon as possible.
Minimum of 4 participants, however ...
The minimum of 4 people is not reached? You are 2 or 3 registered and you want to leave despite everything? ... A proposal is made to you and H2O ODYSSÉE will endeavor to validate the output under the following conditions:
EXAMPLE: PROVINCIAL PARK of the Blue River, WALK, Half day.
- For 3 participants: a discount of 10% will be calculated on the base rate 4 people and reduced to the number of 3 participants: 7 550 cfp
- For 2 participants: a discount of 15% will be calculated on the base rate 4 people and reduced to the number of 2 participants: 10 700 cfp
ACCORDING TO THE METEO:
The practice of canoeing and kayaking is a wilderness activity subject to the presence of varied weather conditions. As for any outdoor activity, the practitioner must plan to equip to navigate in all weather conditions. Your guide knows the peculiarities of navigation sites (protected or not) and the navigational conditions that are linked to it.
How do you make it rain? We are getting wet !!!!
And if it's raining very very hard? We are sheltering !!!!
The exit is canceled?
- In case of simple rain or lack of sun, NO.
- In case of alert weather orange or red, YES. Case of very heavy rain with duly ascertained flood, violent storms and named storms (forecast at 24 h).
We are on an island in the middle of the Pacific, it takes a number of rainy days and many "site effects" depending on the places of navigation. Cases of yellow vigilance are frequent cases and are inherent to the activity.
A yellow alert notice does not depend on specific administrative measures and does not constitute a case of force majeure. This case does not involve the cancellation of an exit but only to follow behavioral advice.
No refunds will be given for unused services. Similarly, discounts or refunds are not granted for a late arrival or withdrawal during the trip.
Paddling in very hot weather is ideal for water battles! Paddling in the rain can be very fun and the exercise gets you hot! Some sail all year round in the northern hemisphere so why not us in the Pacific?
CONDITIONS & COMMITMENTS
The safety standards that we apply are related to the 4 May 1995 order.
- Know how to swim at least 25 meter and be in good health.
- Have the ability and level required for the chosen exit
- For minors, a legal representative or a professional "BEESAN" must attest to their abilities.
- Children under twelve are supervised or accompanied.
- Each participant knows and follows the basic rules and security code.
- The group navigates to ensure that they maintain visual and auditory contact with the guide.
- Never assume that the conditions will be ideal. The tropical climate reserves its surprises and its realities for all the amateurs of outings of full nature.
- Respect the customs of the country during expeditions.
- Read and accept the special and general conditions of sale of H2O ODYSSÉE.