Drowned Forest and Blue River - Half Day - Guided Walk - Canoeing
Want a walk to escape?
This guided outing to the Provincial Park of the Blue River will make you discover the Blue River and its astonishing forest.
In a small group, with family or friends, discover the basics of Canoeing
Easy and affordable, you'll get a taste of boating aboard this boat straight from Canada!
In an atypical and unforgettable setting, you will benefit from a fun lesson in the practice of canoeing to get you started quickly.
Instant booking: Standard and scheduled activities on the agenda.
Go directly to the calendar and booking elements (Registration deadline - Where - When - Timetable - Minimum and maximum number of participants - Number of places available - Price - Promo code - Registration forms - Online payment ...) by clicking on the following button:
There are few boats that embody the spirit of exploration as much as the Canadian Canoe! It is a traditional boat, fast, stable, easy to maneuver and in which we stay dry.
This guided tour will introduce you to a fun way to canoeing and discover a protected heritage.
The site of the Forêt Noye is amazing and it is only accessible by means of paddle boats. Its setting is atypical and its atmosphere unforgettable.
With your guide, you can slalom between the trees of the Floating Forest without fear of getting lost in this maze of multiple arms of the Blue River.
The activity is framed by an experienced river and sea guide. H2o Odyssée takes all its care to provide you with adapted and efficient equipment.
This is an opportunity to fully enjoy the show and think outside the box, enjoy!
Equipment and services included:
Parking, two-seater or three-seater canoe, paddle, lifejacket, watertight bag or bag, safety equipment, experienced river guide, access to the relaxation and bathing areas before or after your excursion ...
Equipment to bring:
Closed shoes with thin soles not afraid of water, or neoprene booties, windsurfing style.
Soft hold, shorts, t-shirt, swimsuit.
Protection for sun and rain: rain jacket, hat, sunglasses, sun cream ...
For the return: spare linen, windbreaker, fleece ...
One in case or a picnic for the small pose, and what to drink.
Optional: a camera ... watertight ... (attention risk of contact with water).
Time: appointment: 9h or 13H at the counter according to the departure chosen.
Your guide will greet you at the entrance of the Provincial Park of the Blue River to accompany you then to the pier. The entrance fee to the Park is paid by you. After being paid, you can return with your vehicle to access the boarding area. On the way, a photo stop at Guéppyville will allow you to discover the expanse of Lake Yaté and the park.
duration: 2h30, guaranteed minimum activity time.
After getting acquainted, a quick but useful presentation, equipment, canoes, and some rudiments necessary for the practice of canoeing before launching ... and go for the hike on the Blue River. Waterproof bags will be offered to protect your belongings. Your Mika guide will gladly share the Canadian Canoe practice for your comfort. Between two boating moments on the waters of the Noyé Forest, a break will be offered on one of the banks of the river.
End of activity: The return is 30 minutes before the end of the trip.
Complementary visit: by your vehicle
You can go with your vehicle to Pont Pérignon to discover the book. Count 7 km of track to get there. Depending on your program of the day, your visit may continue in the direction of the White River by vehicle.
De Nouméa take the RP1 towards La Coulée and then the RP3 route de Yaté on 60 km. Arrived just before Lake Yaté, take the road to the Blue River Park on your left and drive 3,1 km to the entrance of the Park.
These outings can be the subject of your baptism in traditional canoe. It's an easy exit that does not require technical prerequisites. It is open to all. Children from 8 years supervised or accompanied by a parent are welcome. The number of places is however limited for the children of 8 to 12 years.
Activity type: B * = Walk less than 4 hours
Level of difficulty of the tour: Easy ￼
• Open to all members (novices and +)
• Inland or protected body of water with several places to rest and dock
• 3 hours of navigation or less
• Distance from 6 nautical miles (12 km) or less
• Winds of 5 knots (10 km / h) or less, waves of 0 m
Required level and technical skills:
• Kayaker newly introduced to sport
• Little or no skill or special experience
• 1 level of the FQCK or BCU 1 * or equivalent
• Knowledge of basic maneuvers
• Ability to paddle on protected lakes and bodies of water
• 2 level of the FQCK or BCU 2 * or equivalent
• Good knowledge of basic techniques, support, towing, recovery and navigation
• Ability to paddle under moderate conditions
• Ability to launch and dock in a light wave
Level I navigation zone: BAS level of difficulty.
• Small lake or low-flow watercourse. The topography does not present obstacles to orientation. Many possibilities of shelter. Easy docking: numerous and easy sites, beaches. • Fresh water. The temperature of the water is acceptable, generally higher than 18 ° C in the height of summer. The current varies from zero to 2 nodes. The environment is generally sheltered, the fetch is limited and the wind rarely causes difficulties. • Civilization / isolation, assistance: easily accessible for refueling, communications, emergencies or rescue. • Weather conditions to respect: light wind, less than 15 km / h, perfect visibility.
Level requiring a minimum of knowledge.
Why do I have to register?
H2O ODYSSÉE is committed to respecting your reservation and to offer you the best for all its services.
Also, H2O ODYSSÉE offers more 7 different services on 6 geographical locations more than 90 km apart on average ... Some of these services are itinerant and they require a different organization depending on the starting points. Handling, transportation and these consequences, the removal of kayaks, or canoes at the place of activity, represent a demanding logistics and therefore requires a significant preparation time.
The more your reservation is made in advance, the easier it is to form a group. The number of participants is limited to guarantee your safety and your pleasure. Last minute registrations are not always possible and can not guarantee a place.
H2O ODYSSÉE does not practice the policy of "over-booking" to protect itself from potential cancellations and asks you, in return, to commit to respecting your reservation.
Hence the need for your booking 8 minimum days before delivery.
Registration and reservation form:
Registration is mandatory, you validate it on the site after the different steps from the booking links. The first reservations validated and settled, according to the conditions of sale on the site, (quota 4 people) will decide the destination of the excursion which will be confirmed by H2O ODYSSÉE. You will be notified by phone and / or email as soon as possible.
Minimum of 4 participants, however ...
The minimum of 4 people is not reached? You are 2 or 3 registered and you want to leave despite everything? ... A proposal is made to you and H2O ODYSSÉE will endeavor to validate the output under the following conditions:
EXAMPLE: PROVINCIAL PARK of the Blue River, WALK, Half day.
- For 3 participants: a discount of 10% will be calculated on the base rate 4 people and reduced to the number of 3 participants: 7 550 cfp
- For 2 participants: a discount of 15% will be calculated on the base rate 4 people and reduced to the number of 2 participants: 10 700 cfp
ACCORDING TO THE METEO:
The practice of canoeing and kayaking is a wilderness activity subject to the presence of varied weather conditions. As for any outdoor activity, the practitioner must plan to equip to navigate in all weather conditions. Your guide knows the peculiarities of navigation sites (protected or not) and the navigational conditions that are linked to it.
How do you make it rain? We are getting wet !!!!
And if it's raining very very hard? We are sheltering !!!!
The exit is canceled?
- In case of simple rain or lack of sun, NO.
- In case of alert weather orange or red, YES. Case of very heavy rain with duly ascertained flood, violent storms and named storms (forecast at 24 h).
We are on an island in the middle of the Pacific, it takes a number of rainy days and many "site effects" depending on the places of navigation. Cases of yellow vigilance are frequent cases and are inherent to the activity.
A yellow alert notice does not depend on specific administrative measures and does not constitute a case of force majeure. This case does not involve the cancellation of an exit but only to follow behavioral advice.
No refunds will be given for unused services. Similarly, discounts or refunds are not granted for a late arrival or withdrawal during the trip.
Paddling in very hot weather is ideal for water battles! Paddling in the rain can be very fun and the exercise gets you hot! Some sail all year round in the northern hemisphere so why not us in the Pacific?
CONDITIONS & COMMITMENTS
The safety standards that we apply are related to the 4 May 1995 order.
- Know how to swim at least 25 meter and be in good health.
- Have the ability and level required for the chosen exit
- For minors, a legal representative or a professional "BEESAN" must attest to their abilities.
- Children under twelve are supervised or accompanied.
- Each participant knows and follows the basic rules and security code.
- The group navigates to ensure that they maintain visual and auditory contact with the guide.
- Never assume that the conditions will be ideal. The tropical climate reserves its surprises and its realities for all the amateurs of outings of full nature.
- Respect the customs of the country during expeditions.
- Read and accept the special and general conditions of sale of H2O ODYSSÉE.